How to Claim Your Website on Pinterest
Pinterest is one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 450 million active users. It’s a great platform for businesses and bloggers to promote their content, drive traffic to their websites, and increase their online visibility. One of the ways to leverage Pinterest for your website is by claiming your website on the platform. In this blog post, we’ll be discussing how to claim your website on Pinterest.
What is the website claiming on Pinterest?
A website claiming on Pinterest is the process of linking your website to your Pinterest account. This allows Pinterest to verify that you are the owner of the website and gives you access to analytics and other tools to help you better understand your Pinterest audience and how your content is performing on the platform.
Why should you claim your website on Pinterest?
Claiming your website on Pinterest has several benefits, including:
- Access to analytics: Claiming your website on Pinterest gives you access to valuable analytics, such as impressions, clicks, and saves, allowing you to better understand your Pinterest audience and the performance of your content.
- More visibility: Claiming your website on Pinterest can help you rank higher in Pinterest search results, increasing your visibility and driving more traffic to your website.
- More credibility: Claiming your website on Pinterest gives your profile more credibility, as it shows that you are the owner of the website and that your content is trustworthy and valuable.
Now that you understand the benefits of claiming your website on Pinterest, let’s dive into how to do it.
How to claim your website on Pinterest:
Step 1: Create a Pinterest account
If you don’t already have a Pinterest account, the first step is to create one. You can create an account using your email address or by linking your Pinterest account to your Facebook or Google account.
Step 2: Go to your profile settings
Once you’ve created your Pinterest account, go to your profile settings by clicking on your profile picture and selecting “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Click on “Claim”
In your profile settings, scroll down to the “Claim” section and click on “Claim” next to the “Website” option.
Step 4: Add your website URL
In the “Claim Website” pop-up, enter your website URL and click “Claim”.
Step 5: Verify your website
After entering your website URL, Pinterest will give you several options to verify your website, including:
- Adding an HTML tag to your website’s header
- Uploading an HTML file to your website’s root directory
- Adding a meta tag to your website’s homepage
- Verifying your website with your domain host
Choose the verification option that works best for you and follow the instructions provided by Pinterest.
Step 6: Wait for verification
After verifying your website, it may take up to 24 hours for Pinterest to complete the verification process. Once your website is verified, you’ll receive a notification from Pinterest.
Step 7: Check your website status
To check the status of your website on Pinterest, go back to your profile settings and look for the “Website” section. Here, you should see the status of your website, whether it’s claimed, verified, or not claimed.
Claiming your website on Pinterest is a simple process that can have significant benefits for your online presence. By following these steps, you can claim and verify your website on Pinterest, giving you access to valuable analytics, increasing your visibility, and improving your credibility on the platform. So why not claim your website on Pinterest today and start leveraging the platform’s benefits for your business or blog?